Saturday, May 16, 2015

Big News

We're having a baby! 

3/14/15
We found out on Coy's birthday.  I took one of the cheapo tests and saw a very faint second line.  After a few minutes, it turned darker.  I saved one expensive test for this very moment, so once I took it, the two lines almost immediately appeared.  I had been taking cheapo tests for the past week or so, just hoping this would be the month.  My cycles had previously been 32-35 days, so when Day 40 came around, I just thought I would have abnormal cycles.  As I took some of the cheapo tests, I would see one line show up pretty quickly and throw the test away since the second line didn’t appear (not waiting the five minutes I was supposed to d/t my impatience).   After I got the positive result, I looked in the trash and found ~10 tests with two lines.  I showed Coy and just laughed b/c I could have known a few days earlier.  Coy said it was his best birthday present ever!


3/15/15
Since I was already going to Houston the next day, I told my mom and sister.  I waited until Audrey had gone to sleep since I didn’t know if “KK’s having a baby” would slip out sometime.  Mom and Becca were very surprised that I was there for several hours before I broke the news!

3/16/15
I called the doctor first thing in the morning and made my first appointment.  I was only about 6 weeks, so I had to wait until I was about 10 weeks before the doctor would see me.  

3/29/15
We took Coy's mom to Babe's for her birthday, so we gave her a special gift.

We're beyond thrilled and can't wait until November.

No comments:

Post a Comment