Sunday, August 14, 2011

Birthday Weekend

On Friday night, we went to the Old Settler's Reunion.  When we got there, the fiddling contest was going on.  I told Coy that I didn't want a birthday cake as long as I got a funnel cake while we were there.  That is the one food I have to have when I go to a carnival.
 Here's all of the fried goodness.  I didn't think you could mess up a funnel cake, but it ended up being burnt on the bottom and kinda hard.  Oh well, I ate half of it.  (I probably didn't need to eat the whole thing anyways.)
 On Saturday night, we ate at Texas de Brazil.  It's a Brazilian steakhouse where gauchos come to your table and serve the different cuts of meat.  I was so stuffed by the time we left!  The fried bananas were also pretty yummy!
I'm actually excited to be getting closer to 30!  I know some people dread it, but I feel like that's when everything exciting will start happening!  I'll be done with school and we can start having babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment