Monday, July 4, 2011

Canton and Curtains

Mom and Becca came into town this weekend.  On Saturday, we went to Canton.  The one thing I wanted was an old window that I could paint and hang in the bathroom.  I finally found one with all of the glass panes and in decent condition.  I also found some little salt and pepper shakers to put on a shelf in the kitchen.  I enjoyed looking at the junky stuff better than all of the nicer things.
I also needed some curtains for the kitchen.  There are six windows to cover, so making some would be a lot cheaper than buying them.  I found some material at Hobby Lobby and my wonderful mom started sewing.  After she made three of them, I did a little bit of the work.  I only messed up once, but it wasn't anything a seam ripper couldn't undo.  I love the new curtains!

Here's a video of the sewing adventures.



We're taking it easy for the 4th of July.  We planned to go to the little celebration in the park, but it was canceled so they didn't burn the town down with the fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment