Monday, April 25, 2011

Twister

Before I left school, one of the girls I teach with said that I better get home because the weather was getting bad. It was still sunny when I left school and looked a little dark further north, but I didn't think anything of it. After I had driven maybe 5 miles, cars started to pull over to the side of the road. I sort of felt like I was entering the twilight zone! It had started to rain but I still didn't see the big deal. I drove 5 more miles and then heard tornado sirens going off. I never saw anything, but apparently there was a small tornado just west of us.

The wind was blowing pretty hard and it was hailing (I may have been slightly freaking out!) I finally made it home. I'm still not used to all of this tornado business. When we were growing up, we had to worry about hurricanes. At least you have a few days to prepare for those!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm glad you made it home alright. I would have been freaking out too!

    ReplyDelete